Wednesday, February 20, 2008

My dream

Have you ever thought back about your life? How is it? To me, I think my life have not had any special things. It is really boring because I just do routine works days by days. Therefore, when intructor asks me: "Do you think what you could do to change your life?", it is so hard for me to answer it. I am 23 years old now, and I am studying foreign language to prepare to study my major in the future. But from the depth of the soul, I want to do one small thing to help poor people in my country have basic conditions to live.

Vietnam is a quite poor country, and there still have a lot of poor people. I don’t know where and when I have a dream to contribute my ability to make a basic living standard for them. Maybe I am effected by my parents’ education, and teach words about loving people in my religion. When I was at home, I went to orphans ward, and elders ward where they don’t have any taking care from family with my friends from the church. I remembered orphans’ smile, elders’ tears when we went to visit and share with them on the occasion of holidays. That’s why I always think and I wish I could help them feel loving their lives more, and forget their unfortunates.

With only myself and right now, I think one thing I can do is to try to study hard to help me get a good job in the future. It doesn’t mean that I don’t help children now, even though I don’t earn money, I still send my dream to poor children by contributing a little money and praying “God bless them”. Whenever I can earn money, I join charities and try my best to give them helpings about substance and spirit.

In fact, saying help other people is easier than do it, but I hope I will do it. Although it is only to help poor people in my country, I think and I hope that is a starting point to let me go on my dream through over the world.

1 comment:

Vinka said...

Hi, Thao..

Your dream is so generous. I am glad that I still find a person like you who care about them. I agree that they need our attention to make them happy in the rest of their life. I ever visited the orphans ward with my girlfriend and I see many faces look so happy when they know there is someone cares about them.

Just do your dream every time, it isn't about how much the money you can give but it is about the attention that you give to them.

Giving with your heart is more meaningful than $100 without your heart.